Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Spicy Blackened Salmon rub

I love salmon & it's wonderfully good for you (both prego & not)  Here's my recipe for a spicy salmon rub that grills nicely & gets a bit crunchy , which I love =)

2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp ground pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp salt
1-2 tsp crushed red peppers (depends on how spicy you like it)
1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 salmon filets (I buy the frozen stuff at the wholesale club)

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.  Add oil a little at a time until it makes a thin liquid/paste.  You want it more liquid that paste, but not super runny.  I like to grill my salmon outside but you could probably bake it indoors too if the weather is bad.  I lay down a piece of foil on the grill, place salmon filets on foil & baste with the rub paste.  Flip immediately and baste other side.  Cook till filet flakes apart easily, flipping twice.

P.S.   T man loves salmon! I don't give him the spicy outside part of course, but he eats the inside like crazy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment